Welcome to our Meeting Information page! Here you will find agendas, minutes, and other important information from LexBeWell meetings!
LexBeWell October 2018 Meeting
|PRESENT: Brittany Steffey, Corey Donohoo, Natalie Little field, Richard Heine, Keisha Alexander, Melissa Smith|
|Review LexCHIP quarterly meeting update||LexBeWell annual update was reviewed and discussed|
|Focus for this year?||Walking initiatives discussed
· Letcher County in Whitesburg, KY has walking program in conjunction with Farmer’s Market
· Discussed possibility of starting a walking program at Lexington Farmer’s Market on Sundays at Southland Dr.
· America Walks has a Community Change Grants awarding $1500 for projects relating to creating healthy, active, and engaged places to live, work, and play.
· Past 2nd Sundays were discussed
· YMCA may be doing pop up running/walking, noncompetitive events next year using the Legacy Trail
|-Natalie will reach out to contact in Letcher county to determine details of their walking program including cost to incentivize people to come walk
-Natalie and Brittany will look over and start working on the grant
-Melissa will reach out to Katrina for budget information for LexBeWell for FY19
-Natalie reach out to Diana Doggett for 2nd Sunday information
|New Chair Nomination||Keisha has decided to resign from being Chair, but still wants to remain an active member of LexBeWell||-Natalie is willing to step up in the Chair position for LexBeWell
-Melissa will remain secretary and send Natalie last year’s meeting minutes
|Next Meeting||America Walks grant is due beginning of November. LexBeWell will reconvene to edit/look over what Natalie and Brittany have done||Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 4:30 at Northside Library|