|November 7, 2018|
|Attendance: W. Keene, A. Lawrence, G. McKee, C. Nentwick, E. Terry, T. Ware, H. Woggon|
|Welcome||C. Nentwick and welcomed the group to the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department for today’s meeting.
T. Ware began introductions. The members introduced themselves.
|OneLex Meeting Recap||T. Ware gave an overview of the latest OneLex meeting.
· Efforts have been focused on the Winburn neighborhood, identified as the area most in need of support.
· Current projects were reviewed and discussed:
1. Beautification Day
2. Consolidation Mentoring Program
3. ESL for Adults
4. Kids Reading Better
5. Love Your Neighborhood
6. Public Safety Day
7. Public Safety Forums
8. Summer Camp
9. Winburn Ultimate Warriors
10. Young Father’s Program
· Gaps/barriers were identified and addressed:
1. Access to space for programs
2. Community leadership and networking
3. Drug use/abuse/overdoses
5. Parenting program
6. Recreational programming
7. Trauma training and suicide training for adults who work with youth
|How can LexBeSafe fill gaps?||
The group discussed the ways that LexBeSafe could support some of the current projects and possibly fill some gaps.
· There seems to be a small role in each project that LexBeSafe could play.
o Providing food, resources, awareness, advertisement, volunteers
Specifically, the group came up with ways that we could help fill gap #2: Community Leadership and Networking
· Set-up a table of resources for LexBeSafe, LEX-CHIP, and other community partners.
· Provide food for trainings
· Secure location for trainings
· Identify speakers, presenters, and topics for trainings
· Help coordinate and advertise trainings
|Round Robin||· G. McKee shared that she recently attended the Louisville Youth Opioid Summit at Freedom Hall. There were 10,000 7th & 8th graders present.
· T. Ware shared that Community Action Council’s Winter Blitz is coming up on Saturday, November 10. Volunteers are needed.
· W. Keeve shared that the On The Move Art Studio will be hosting a pop up at Crank-N-Boom on November 13 from 5-8pm. They will be offering free art projects, nutritious snacks and free small ice creams for children. The group is also getting a 2nd trailer up and running.
|Next Meeting||· TBD|